Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the art of bokeh


in photography "bokeh" is the aesthetic quality of the blur.  this technique is used to make the subject stand out. 


i recently found a d.i.y. bokeh made out of construction paper on pinterest.  as a photographer i found this project along with the newly found technique very intriguing.  i have always seen this used in modern photography but i have never understood how to create the effect.  i have learned that the right lens does a lot because the more aperture blades the better but i am still going to try this on my nikon standard lenses.

as you can tell i'm a beginner.  i often like to fool around with my camera until i get the desired effect, however i will be doing further research on this technique. maybe i will post some of my own trials here soon!!! :)


♥mackenzie

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see it! I've seen bokeh everywhere but I never knew how it was done, I always figured it was photoshopped! Can't wait to see what you do with it! And I love the blog makeover! It looks so cute, especially your header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! i hope i can try some bokeh during your last engagement photo shoot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete